Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cotton Candy

Today I saw a man walking in the middle of the street carrying a stick with pink and blue cotton candy wrapped around clear bags. They looked like a handful of balloons. I wanted to greet the man, and not necessarily buy the candy. I wanted to genuinely meet the man and get to know him. I yelled in Spanish, “Senor, a cuanto estan!” which means, “Hey! How much are they?” He came to the sidewalk of my house. I rushingly greeted Him. We talked about the early morning earthquakes that shook our neighborhood. We both felt the trembling, and the unsettledness in our hearts. Today, for the first time in my thirty years of life, I felt the ground shake twice. And this man understood me.
Today Jesus disguises Himself as this man. He casually walks in your neighborhood. Will you notice Him as He carries His stick with pink and blue cotton candy? When you call Him, He will come to you. "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28). Jesus loves you today. "For the LORD is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting"(Psalm 100:5). He understands what you are going through. He knows your pain and your fears. No matter how old you are and where you are in life, God knows you. And He wants to deliver you. His word says, "I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears" (Psalm 34:4).
Lord Jesus, I love you. Forgive me for not coming to you and trying to handle things on my own. I am hurting and I need you. Deliver me from my fears and anxieties today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment